“Personal information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or about an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not the opinion is true or not and whether or not the information is stored in material form or not. It includes sensitive information and health information.
“Health Information” is information or an opinion about an individual’s health or disability, the health services provided or to be provided to them, their expressed wishes for the provision of future health services, personal information collected to provide a health service, personal information collected in connection with organ and body-part donation, and predictive genetic information.
“Sensitive information” is a special category of personal information. It is information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, health information about an individual or genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information.
This policy details how ILS manages personal information about you. For that reason, please read the following details carefully.
This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Pakistani law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. By accessing this Site and providing information requested, you submit to the jurisdiction of the Pakistani courts.
WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
The kinds of personal information that we commonly collect and hold from you or about you include: your name, gender, address, phone, fax and mobile numbers, email address, date of birth, qualifications, education, business, accreditations and your work experience. We may also collect other types of personal information such as the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your career objectives, the name and contact details of individuals listed as referees within your application for employment, references, aptitude test results and any other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements and provided to us.
When you browse our website or contact us electronically, we may record: geographical tagging, cookies, and statistical data.
We may collect sensitive information from you or about you where there is a legal requirement to do so, or where we are otherwise permitted by law. In all other situations, we will specifically seek your consent.
If you provide that information that we do not solicit, we will, within a reasonable period after receiving the information, determine whether or not we could have collected the information under applicable law. If we determine that we could not have collected such information under applicable law then we will as soon as practicable either destroy the information or otherwise ensure it is de-identified, provided that it is lawful to do so. Otherwise, we will hold, use and disclose such information in accordance with this policy.
HOW DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD INFORMATION?
We collect personal information from you or about you in a number of ways, including:
- when you visit and interact with our Website and related software;
- when you sign up for an account with us or sign up for our newsletter;
- when you engage in transactions with ILS;
- when you submit correspondences to or otherwise communicates with us or via the Website, whether in writing or by email, facsimile or post
- when you submit reviews, questionnaires and feedback surveys that you complete;
- when you complete and submit to us a form or application;
- when you browse our Website and/or social media platforms;
- when you provide any other material provided to us or to any other persons connected to your interest in your application for an Engagement; and
- through information about you that is available on the internet or that is otherwise published.
We may also collect personal information from third parties such as law enforcement agencies and other government entities and any third party service provider who is contracted to provide payment processing services.
In addition, in connection with your use of the Website, we may also collect cookies from your computer, which enables us to tell when you use the Website and also to help customise your Website experience.
Your personal information is held and stored on paper, by electronic means or both. We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place for personal information and take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
The purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to provide services we offer or you have contracted us to provide.
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information from you or about you primarily for the following purposes (where applicable):
- to provide our services to you,
- to answer your queries;
- to promote, facilitate and manage the provision of any other services we provide to you;
- to facilitate the collection and payment of any amounts payable under the Applicable Terms;
- for our administrative and accounting functions, fraud checks, marketing and promotions, newsletter communications, website traffic analysis;
- to establish, maintain and administer your account;
- conduct verifications of profits, checking credentials, monitoring and reporting as permitted in the Applicable Terms;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our Website, a client or candidate; and/or
- for any other purposes disclosed at the time of collection.
Where we use your personal information for marketing and promotional communications, you can opt out at any time by notifying us.
We will not disclose personal information about you for any other purposes, except that we may disclose or use your personal information where:
- we may use the services of third party service providers to host and manage data from this Site. Data containing the information you provide will be transmitted to and hosted in data centres in the territory of origin or outside the territory of origin by such third party service providers, and processed and managed by such third party service providers. Our third party service providers will be granted access to data only to the extent necessary to provide services to ILS, and for no other purpose. Our service providers are bound by confidentiality obligations to keep all data confidential.
- we may use third-party companies to help us tailor and edit site content to you. These companies may employ cookie and other related technologies to measure effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products/services are purchased). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and related technologies are not linked to any personal information collected by ILS.
- we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information; or
- such disclosure is authorised or permitted by the law or you.
By providing us with information, you acknowledge and agree that due to the national operations of ILS, we may store, process and use personal data collected in the course of our relationship, and provide that data to other enterprises within the ILS Group outside your resident jurisdiction. By providing us with information, you specifically consent to the transfer of data containing such information outside of your jurisdiction where it was collected for the purposes described in this Policy.
DESTRUCTION AND DE-IDENTIFICATION
We will retain your personal information whilst it is required for any of our business functions, or for any other lawful purpose.
We use secure methods to destroy or to permanently de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed:
Paper records are commonly sent for secure destruction.
Electronic records are deleted from all locations, to the best of our ability, or encrypted and/or placed beyond use.
From time to time we may be engaged by organisations located overseas or by you to assist in exploring an opportunity overseas. In that event, we are likely to disclose some of your personal information to overseas recipients. However, we will only do so where:
- it is necessary to complete the transaction you have entered into or engaged us to undertake; or
- you have provided us with your consent; or
- it is otherwise permitted by law.
HOW DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE?
We rely on the Personal Information we hold about you in providing you with our services or otherwise conducting our business. Therefore, it is important that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. This means that from time to time we may ask you to tell us if there are any changes to your Personal Information. To assist us to keep our records up-to-date, please advise us immediately when your personal details change. We generally update your personal information over the telephone, by email, sms or in post.
HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have procedures in place for dealing with and responding to requests for access to the personal information held about you.
In most cases, we expect that we will be able to comply with your request. However, if we do not agree to provide you access to information as requested, we will give you written reasons why. For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By providing us with information, you acknowledge and agree that while ILS will exercise care in the storage and processing of your information and data, in no event shall ILS be liable to you for any damages, losses, expenses, liabilities under any causes of action (whether in contract or tort including, but not limited to negligence, or otherwise) caused by any access, intrusion, misuse or theft of your information or data by any third party while such information or data was in the possession or control of ILS or any third party.
We respect the privacy of children. ILS will never knowingly request or use personal information from children without prior parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from a user of the site who is under the age of 18, we will remove that child’s personal information from our files. As set out in our Website Terms and Conditions, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under 18, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.